Sunday, August 12, 2012

The outfit that started it all...



You might recognize this outfit, it is the shorts outfit I made for "Shorts on the line" this summer. This is the outfit that gave me the push to start my own blog. I had been thinking about it for a while, but I had the usual concerns, "am I interesting enough?", "is my sewing good enough?", "can i commit to it?"...So I kept on putting it off. Then Melanie, who writes a monthly column for Sew, Mama, Sew! contacted me and asked me if she could use my picture in an article she was writing about sewing trends. She said she would link the picture back to my blog. Of course I was thrilled, and told her she was welcome to use it, but that I didn't have a blog of my own yet. So Melanie linked my picture back to my flickr picture and that was it. I told myself, if she chose my outfit out of the many, then maybe I do have something to offer. And so here I am...



The Top is a wonderful free pattern from True Bias that she calls the Toddler Swing Tank. The pattern is size 2T so just perfect for Littleheart.

The shorts are a bought pattern from the Summer edition of Ottobre magazine. I really love the pattern, I think I will make them again next year.

Anyway, to finish off a little fashion show from a trip we went on this summer...

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME.....IDEA!!! Love the color .
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute little outfit. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/tangerine-toner-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete